Google Voice and Sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KoukiFC3S, Oct 9, 2011.

1. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

The Google voice app sucks on the iphone.

With the sprint Google voice integration, texting is gonna be great!

Any other GV users excited about this?

2. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

Interested to see how it will all work together. Might be my reason to switch to Sprint.

3. truthiness macrumors regular

What's the deal with Spring's Google Voice integration?

----------

What's the deal with Sprint's Google Voice integration?

4. williamroawrr macrumors newbie

when i had sprint's google voice integration enabled, a LOT of my outgoing texts were delayed between hours to days... im skeptical about reenabling that feature, but will probably do it anyways to try it again.

5. Pooshka macrumors 65816

That's one thing I wish AT&T had as well.

Does "GV integration" mean that you, guys, can use GV messaging right in the native Messages app? If yes, that's a big deal to me.

6. z3r0inc macrumors regular

That's what it seems like. I am looking forward to trying it out. GV apps do suck.

Everyone, please keep posted about this!

7. tajam macrumors newbie

never had text issues with my GV, I love being able to see my txts and simply respond with google voice extension on my computer's webrowser.

8. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

9. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

According to this article, the GV integration Sprint offers where the phone takes over your GV number won't work with the iPhone.

10. eclipxe macrumors regular

We'll see...I think it might. 1) The rep probably has no clue what he/she is talking about. 2) The GV integration where your GV number becomes your Sprint number is not phone specific - it works even on "dumbphones" so I can't imagine it won't work properly on iPhone (..I could be wrong though...)

This is a big deal for me - I rely immensely on GV on Sprint.

11. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Same here. But searching Sprint and GV for answers isn't pulling up anything. I would buy my 4s on Sprint if this is the case.

12. z3r0inc macrumors regular

The first thing i do after getting my phone friday is test this.

...actually ...maybe after asking siri some personal questions first....

13. PPFee macrumors 6502

PPFee

Please excuse the ignorant question. I had a rough night and admit I'm being lazy and don't feel like searching for answers with a migraine and reading more than i need to. Can anyone who uses google voice with sprint integration address what the real benefits are if you have a simply everything plan? Thanks in advance for all the input.

14. z3r0inc macrumors regular

Benefits will be the phone number can be used with any phone and access to it through a web browser on your computer. But yeah, unlimited everything takes care of a lot of stuff.

15. tajam macrumors newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp8Wvknh_QQ

16. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

You could ask Siri about Google Voice on Sprint while you're at it!

17. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

18. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

If you have a jailbroken iPhone the Phone GV extension is amazing. I don't want to use the GV # all the time so this works perfectly...it allows you to chose if you want to use your carrier # or your GV #. There's an SMS extension as well.

19. z3r0inc macrumors regular

If anyone still cares...

Just came home and set up my 4s with Sprint. As promised, i set up GV to integrate with Sprint. Quick set up to verify the phone and done! It seems to work flawlessly so far. No more GV apps! Calls from my iOS phone and messaging app work as set up.

Since I heart all you guys, I tried to follow through on my promise asap!

20. BFG86 macrumors 6502

I had GV Integrated and made sure to remove it before I activated my iPhone. I really see no use for it now. But since I have a separate GV number I kept that part just so people could still call it and reach me on my phone.

21. Somechineseguy macrumors newbie

what about picture messages? what happens with those?

22. estockme macrumors regular

i've been using GV with my sprint phone for about 6 months, but I always disable it before it becomes permanent because of the problems it gives me. Then I usually reenable it.

Pros: send texts from browser, call from gmail with your number
    Cons: Lose second phone number, google creepin on your friends' messages maybe, texts don't feel completely reliable

23. estockme macrumors regular

oh:
    http://9to5google.com/2011/10/14/google-voice-users-on-sprint-can-now-use-mms-kind-of/

"Today, we’re happy to announce that we’ve made the first step in our efforts to bring this feature to our users. Google Voice users are now able to receive pictures and other multimedia messages from Sprint subscribers. The multimedia attachments will display on their mobile forwarding phone and in their email inbox when they enable text to email forwarding in their Google Voice settings. We are also planning on making them display in the Google Voice inbox."