Google Voice App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by topmounter, May 25, 2010.

1. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Now that we're over the issue of whether VOIP apps can be approved in the App Store, has anyone tried to submit / resubmit a Google Voice App?

Or is Google holding out now hoping that everyone who uses GV jumps on the Android juggernaut (or whatever they call it)?

2. kholinar macrumors newbie

I don't think there was ever a problem with VOIP on the App Store, just VOIP over 3G. Having said that, Google Voice isn't VOIP (at least for the end-user), so I'm not sure if anything's been resolved.

FWIW, I like VoiceCentral, a HTML5 GVoice client that uses local storage and performs like a native app.

3. topmounter thread starter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Not that GV was ever a VOIP app, but there was a point there where there was a rumor (or more? I can't recall the specific sequence of events) that Apple nuked GV due to concerns about it being competitive with AT&T.

Thanks for the tip on VoiceCentral, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking to find.

4. nygfan80 macrumors regular

I just can't get voice central to work on my iPad. Anyone else have that issue? It wont let me log onto my google voice email.

5. topmounter thread starter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Is the login timing out? It took me a couple of tries to successfully login the first time it launched.

6. topmounter thread starter macrumors 68020

topmounter