Google Voice Apps for OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Superfly611, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Superfly611 macrumors member

So it seems There are not that many apps for OS X (not IOS).
    From what I see there is only a few apps three in total that I've seen. i was wondering if theres any new ones i dont know about. I'm not sure if I can name them on the forum. I know on another Mac site I got banned just for asking a question about apps. They said I was advertising the app. They were sort of jerks.
    Anyway if anyone can recommend a desktop application that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. I have the one that is on the App Store and then there's another one with the green logo that I have installed. I'm not sure I like either of them.

thanks again

2. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I like GrowlVoice a lot. It sits in the menu bar and the notifications are fast. It allows multiple accounts as well. It's not for voip use though, just for viewing your account, send msgs, reply, etc. You can initiate a call from it and it will call one of your designated phones.

3. boast macrumors 65816

boast

4. campyguy macrumors 68030

Might as well start trying Hangouts

Google announced months ago they're pulling the plug on third-party access to GV on May 15th - https://plus.google.com/+NikhylSinghal/posts/MjyncJEbzxK -I liked Growl Voice too, but started moving to Hangouts about a month ago. You might as well give it a try - it doesn't suck. On the iOS side I'm waiting to see what happens with Hangouts...