iPhone Google voice + bitesms + voicemail

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by skiguy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. skiguy macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the jailbreak scene though I've been an iphone user for a few years.

I'm a heavy google voice user and I was wondering what the best way is to integrate it with my iphone. The official GV app is alright at best, although sms updates and such are a little off.

I've read about phone gv extension and sms gv extension. However, would I then need to still use the official google app for the visual voicemail (which i really like)? That would mean I need to use all 3 apps (sms, phone and gv)? I kind of like the way it's integrated all in one now...

Thanks!

2. skiguy thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

The two GV Extensions have not been updated for iOS6. There's a rumor that updating is being done.

In iOS5, you could have the GV SMS Extension take over your messaging. Outgoing would all be via GV and incoming would be from regular messaging and via GV.

With the Phone GV Extension, it can be set up in several ways. I had it set so when making a call via any method, a popup would ask how I wanted to make the call (Direct GV, Callback GV, or via regular iPhone number...this popup was great for me as it prevented mistake calls). Also great about the Phone Extension was that calls in your iPhone dialing history showed up as who you were calling...not as a call to a GV access number.

Voicemail to your GV number is still accessed via the GV app, as long as GV picks up the unanswered calls before your iPhone does. I had to call AT&T to increase my iPhone rings when I got my iPhone 5.

Hopefully, Zhi Zheng will update the extensions.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If integration trumps all else for you then that approach probably isn't best (always highly subjective) for you. I find it works best for me though I'm stuck using the GV app until the extensions are updated for IOS6.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules