Google Voice for iPhone still under review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ouimetnick, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Apple's response to the FCC has stated Google Voice was NOT rejected from the Apple Store, and it was still under review.

Here's what Apple said...
    "Apple has not rejected the Google Voice application, and continues to study it. The application has not been approved because, as submitted for review, it appears to alter the iPhone’s distinctive user experience by replacing the iPhone’s core mobile telephone functionality and Apple user interface with its own user interface for telephone calls, text messaging and voicemail."
    So perhaps we WILL SEE Google Voice?

2. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

One can only hope... I just signed up yesterday and I am very much looking forward to implementing this.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Apple Responds to the FCC

Link

Imagine that, found it on Apple's site. It's a long read. Snips below.

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Hmm ... I guess the FCC brought the heat pretty hard.

I believe that, deep down, Apple knows there was no reason to deny Google voice - they were just playing some weird game and trying to win (something). Perhaps the iPhone needs a Boot Camp of it's own ....

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Spun: it was.
    Oh suddenly it's not rejected! I'm sure if there were no NDA Google would be happy to respond. Then again, I wonder, to the extent Google cannot furnish the actual rejection letter how will this look for them? Answer: bad.

Guess we'll see what happens.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I want to see if AT&T's angel-faced "I had nothing to do with it" routine checks out....