Google Voice, GVIntergrated GV Extension

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevrhof, Sep 4, 2011.

1. kevrhof macrumors newbie

so here is my delimmea. I have a work phone number which is my google voice phone number. But this is what I would like to happen.

I would like to have my GV SMS and my regular SMS in the same program.

Im trying to have it set by contacts if someone texts me on my GV number, I would like to have it sent to my regular default SMS program and be able to respond automatically through my GV number.

Currently I can have both my GV and my personal number sent to my default SMS program. I can turn on a button in my SBSettings that makes it so any text I respond to, uses my GV number rather than by contact, which is what I'm trying to get.

Basically, is there a way, to have settings for different contacts to where if I call or text that contact without opening the GV application, I can have it automatically preset to use GV or my personal number?

I have it to where if I click a certain contact it will automatically connect google and do my GV number. So thats solved. What I'm trying to get is a way to automatically use GV number in texts for certain contacts in 1 sms program.

----------

I'm also trying to figure out a way to have incoming google voice phone calls labeled as such, so I can distinguish whether or not the person calling called my personal number or my GV number

2. kevrhof thread starter macrumors newbie

i have phone GV extension, SMS GV extension and GVI Settings, I just think i'm missing how to set them up to do what Im trying to get done