Google Voice incoming calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grimsrud, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Grimsrud macrumors member

I am able to get unlimited minutes on my iPhone 4 with my Google Voice number and AT&T's A-List service, but I need to set it so it displays my Google Voice number in the CallerID when they route the call to my AT&T number for that to work. Is there an app that will display a popup notification telling me who's calling me on my Google Voice number when the call is routed to AT&T's voice network? This inability to know who is really calling me is the one thing that is holding me back from making my Google Voice number the only one I give out.

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

That was an issue for me too but I've gotten used to caller identification. I believe you can have caller id however that will defeat the purpose of unlimited inbound calling.

I just started to let people know about my new number. It would be nice if there was an app that could display inbound number.

3. Airmark1, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010

Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ummm via the Google Voice web page settings you can choose to dislay Your Google Voice inbound caller ID or the person calling.

I just tried it via my iPhone.

Went to the google voice mobile site.
    Settings icon
    General.

The setting is at the bottom.

4. Grimsrud thread starter macrumors member

I'm aware of that, but if I display the number of the person calling me, I don't get unlimited calls since the A-List unlimited calls feature goes by the number displayed. I want an additional app or extension that will tell me the number of the caller while making AT&T see my Google Voice number when the call goes through.

5. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ohhh. Crap. I get it. You need YOUR number there for the A-list to work. Sorry. Misunderstood.

6. mpossoff macrumors 68020

The only solution is caller identification, caller announces name and you have option to accept or listen to callers voice mail.