Google Voice on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by katokalin22, May 28, 2011.

1. katokalin22 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have experience using Goolge Voice on the iPad? I have been using the official google app for iPhone, but I just saw gv mobile added iPad support. So, I am wondering what do people like and use? Google mobile site, gv mobile, gv connect, etc. Thanks

2. TitanApe macrumors member

When I want to access google voice and I'm using the iPad, I'll just use their website. Haven't Seen the need to try any of the voice apps for the iPad.

3. vw195 macrumors 6502

Yea I just use the website in combination with the iphone app textfree with voice, and the ipad app textfree

4. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I use Google voice and Talkatone. The combo allows you to make free USA calls on your iPad.

5. vw195 macrumors 6502

Ill have to try talkatone. It looks a little more integrated with google voice

6. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

GV Mobile+ is by far the best as far as full iPad experience.

Google Mobile website is lame for anything more than a casual use (not to mention - no Push, no native dialers, etc). Official Google's app is iPhone resolution only - painful on iPad. GV Connect does decent iPad UI, but lacks Push (which is a show stopper).

GVM+ has none of those limitations. Its iPad UI is still pretty rudimentary - it only added iPad support a few days ago.. but it will only get better.

7. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I use GV Connect plus Boxcar for push notifications. Works great for me, as I only use it for text messaging on the iPad.

8. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

I had tried GV Connect + Boxcar method. Found it annoying having to deal with notifications outside of the main app. When new messages arrive - you have to deal with multiple apps, and having to clear new messages in multiple places. Having Push integrated into "main" GV app is the only way to go IMO.