Google Voice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mpossoff, Feb 19, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Are there any GV cydia apps that can be integrated into iPhone 4?

I currently use the GV app from the app store. I have my GV # in my alist. When I make a call GV calls me back, I answer then I'm get connected to the call. Result is unltd calling since I have 1400 plan which alist is eligible.

2. Los macrumors regular

SMS GV Extension and Phone GV Extension. Both will integrate your SMS and Phone App into Google Voice. Both have trial versions and you gotta pay the full license to get the full benefit. You are also required to have the Native Google Voice App with Push Notifications turned on for it to work.

3. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

If you use Google's new 2-step authentication for your Google account these extensions won't work. Not sure if the dev is working on a fix for this or not but currently the only way to get this to work is if you turn of 2-step authentication.

4. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Can you send picture/video messages?

5. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

quick question. i'm on an iPhone 4 and am using google voice as well. however, when I make outgoing calls it shows my gv # on the person that I am callings caller id. If they call me back though, it shows my gv #. Any fix for this? As in, an option to have it go both ways. I want my caller id to show their # and when I call them I want my gv # to show. I have no sim installed. Oh and I use talkatone to make calls, textfree to receive calls.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

that you can change in your google voice settings page.

[​IMG]

7. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

I know, but the option is only for 1 or the other. It doesn't allow for both. So it's either when you call someone your gv # will show up in their caller id, but when they call you back it'll show your gv # instead of their phone # in your caller id.

The other option is the opposite of the 1st I posted. If you call someone, instead of it showing your gv # it'll say UKNOWN but if someone calls your gv # it'll show their phone # on the caller id.

It's tricky and weird, I googled it and searched on yahoo too and neither helped. Seems like it's 1 or the other and it sucks. I can never tell who is calling me so that is what i'm trying to get. Right now my option that i'm using is to display my gv # but can't see who is calling me. Any fix for this?

8. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Ah, thanks for the warning! I've been using both extensions and have been thinking about enabling the 2-step authentication with Google. I might drop a line to the author of the extensions and see if they are working on a fix.

9. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

What is the 2 step auth.?