Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I have a GV number setup to ring my iPhone number. I can play the voicemail on the Google Voice page on my computer or the web interface on my iPhone.

My iPhone's Phone app will also show that same new voicemail, but the message is blank. I have my GV setup not to give me any Voicemail notifications.

Clearly the Voicemail message is being stored in GV, but I don't get why my iPhone's Phone app is giving me a voicemail alert yet won't play the message. Seems like if there is no message for it to play, then it wouldn't give me the voicemail alert. I wonder could the phone app's voicemail be tied to specific number of rings, and thus causing it to see a voicemail that was actually recorded by GV first?

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I did some more test calls and now my iPhone is not registering any Voicemail recordings when calling my GV number. It is just showing that I missed a call, which is what it should have been doing all along. Very strange, I wonder if OS4 is the issue on my iPhone 3G?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.