Google website? Cant see it?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by esatesatesat, May 1, 2009.

1. esatesatesat macrumors newbie

hey. I have done a website in iweb. Url is www.cansinbalikekmek.com but I cant see it in google? Any ideas or comments? I appreciate.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

You have to ask your web host to 'spider' it for you. It depends how good the company you chose to host your website with is really, some do this for free like mine, others who seem cheap at first will usually charge for add-ons like this. They will usually spider it to every search engine, Yahoo, Google, etc etc

Google do have some form to fill out which gets your site listed, but since its free it takes them about 8 weeks to actually do anything and list your site, and its almost always at the bottom of the search results because they're ranked by how often people click on your site link.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34397

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well, the hosts don't actually spider (crawl) the site, they just submit it to the various web crawl engines, though as you point out not all do. I'd actually say most don't. Myself, I created a sitemap file and used Google Webmaster Tools to get it in Google. The other engines I've gotten indexed in by posting a link to my web site here and there such as having it linked to in my profile here at Mac Rumors. Also, when you post comments on blogs, if they provide a web site field to fill out that can be a good way to increase the chances that a web crawler will visit your site and builds up site traffic.

Additional Reading:

4. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage