Google won't remember my password!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steven Jackson, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Steven Jackson macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Been using Google Reader on my iPhone without problems since the UK launch. Since yesterday and the launch of the new iPhone formatted Google Mobile, I am asked for my password everytime I go to either the mobile (home) or Reader site...

I have definitely checked the "remember me" box. I have also reset the three options in Safari prefs and restarted the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Steve

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, I just experienced that...

since I just had my week 32 iPhone replaced with a week 47 iPhone and Gmail kept saying "password required" so I noticed that I had two IMAP accounts, so I entered the password in both accounts, even though one was ON and the other was OFF. This seemed to remedy the situation, as my emails were downloaded immediately. Are you running IMAP?
    :cool:

3. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid you have misunderstood. I'm talking about the Google homepage and Google Reader page in Safari. I don't believe this has anything to do with IMAP at all...

Anybody else experienced the amazing disappearing password?

4. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Ya know I have noticed just the oppisate I never even have to relog in to anything on the iPhone which I thought was strange. This website for instance I can leave and come back hours later and I am still logged in. Same thing with ebay and most other sites that require a log in. Is that normal.

5. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

I've just been playing with a friend's iPhone and his is displaying the same problem. Must be a google problem. I wonder if there is any way to file a bug report.

6. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

Seriously, has none else experienced this ? :confused:

I'd have thought there'd be loads of people complaining...

Steve.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry...

Steven, my Gmail Account is working just fine on my MacBook and Mac Pro, but I've installed Leopard on both computers, so I'm not experiencing your described situation. :cool:

8. Steven Jackson thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm talking about Google in Safari, on the iPhone...

Steve.