Google wont work on ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sharkoid, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sharkoid macrumors member

Hey guys im having a issue with my ipad, when ever I search something on google and click the link it takes me back to the main google screen or the link just never loads. Anyone know whats going on?

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Nope. But I use secure Google, so nothing is supposed to be tracked. At least when I use this, no history shows on my Google account search history when I use it. May want to try it?

https://www.google.com

3. Aksta macrumors regular

are you connected to a school/college/uni wifi network? this happens to me on my mba if I'm connected to my college network and they have blocked the site. e.g games websites.

4. batotman macrumors 6502

"Google logs the same information about your search when you’re using SSL search as we do for unencrypted search. SSL search does not reduce the data that Google receives and logs when you search, or change the listing of the items in your Web History."

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

You seem to be confused. SSL Google only encrypts the search so no one between you and Google can see what was search for. Google still does all of their normal tracking with SSL searches.

6. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Interesting. Thank you for the claification. I just assumed (bad of me) that since my search history was blank on my Google account that no data was being recorded by Google. It does say that analytics are not being recorded now if you are a Google user, so there is some small bit of privacy I guess.

:(

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nowhere near enough info to even begin helping you. Do any sites work properly? How are you connected to the internet? Does it vary depending on how your connected (i.e. if you switch to 3G/4G or switch to a different WiFi network)?

8. AMRobart macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. I am connected to my at home wireless and have no parental controls. I have done a complete restore and this is still occurring. Any thought?

9. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Are you using the Google app or Safari? If the latter, maybe delete the app and re-download?

The only link on my bookmarks bar (in Safari) is Google and it's never failed.

I had the Google app for a while, but since I could accomplish the same thing in the browser, ditched it.