Google, Yahoo, and Youtube won't load... all other sites do!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tmt345, Feb 10, 2010.

1. tmt345 macrumors member

I have searched for hours to the solution but I haven't been able to find one! I don't know what else I can tell you besides that I have Snow Leopard, disabled (and then trashed) peerguardian, have tried disabling the mac firewall and Glimmer Blocker (adblocker), and even tried resetting my router.

What is weird that my ipod touch is able to access all these sites but Safari and Firefox can't. All of this just happened today.

T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U to everyone!

2. Runeshai macrumors newbie

This is potentially the same problem, but I've been suffering from this weird thing for about 3 weeks now and I've had enough.

All Google sites (including Google, iGoogle, Blogger, Blogspot, YouTube, Picasa and even Flickr, though I don't know if they're a Google affiliate or not) won't load at all. When I try to access any address on any of those sites, I get the "Cannot connect" error message, as if my internet suddenly dropped. But it's only for those sites. I can browse the rest of the internet fine (though frames and such with content from those sites won't load, i.e. embedded YouTube video simply never appear). I can access all of these sites on my iPhone, using the same wireless connection my MacBook is using, but my MB can't.

I don't remember doing anything new or different when this started happening, and I've cleared all caches, re-installed Firefox, checked my connection and DNS settings, and everything seems fine. Still, neither Firefox, Safari, nor Chrome will load any of the sites above.

Any ideas? Please!? :confused: