$%#*!@ GoogleDrive ".icns" File

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BetsyDog, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BetsyDog macrumors newbie

BetsyDog

Hey Folks,,,

I might not be on the correct spot to post this, but I'm about to go 'postal' on Google Drive.

I have had the worst time deleting Google Drive from my hard drive. I finally managed to get rid of it, but now I have a "contents" folder with "resources" and "GoogleDrive.icns" in it.

I've managed to get the folder into my trash, but it will not empty. What can I do?????

I wanted to delete GoogleDrive because I do not use it any longer and it is always running……

Any suggestions…

Attached Files:

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

Open Terminal and type:

sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash/*

3. BetsyDog thread starter macrumors newbie

BetsyDog

\-V-/,,

I am so happy that there are 'some' out in the great expanses of cyber World smarter that most of us mere-mortals!! Worked like a charm…..!

I'll add it to my 'list' of get-out-of-trouble' stuff….

Whew, I'm now back in control…..;

Hey,,, how do I show your post as a REAL FIX???

4. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

If you're lazy (or are more comfortable with a UI), you can also use BatChmod: http://www.lagentesoft.com/batchmod/

It has the same function (force empty trash) built into one of the file menus. It's also great for fixing pesky file permissions and unlocking files. Be careful with that feature though.

5. BetsyMePoocho macrumors member

BetsyMePoocho

Again, I thank you… I'll download Batchmond. Your response is mind-blowing…. can't get that on Apple Forums….

6. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/