GoPhone/iPhone advice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfan881, Mar 12, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

My Contract is up with Verizon this weekend Yay:) and i wanna switch out quickly to att, my problem is though I wanna wait to see whats gonna come out after wwdc in terms of the 4th gen iPhone. That said I've been using a 2G iPhone as a iPod for almost a year now and I was wondering what i need to set up with a Go Phone can I buy any type of Sim card then setup as a Go Phone or do I need a Specific Go Phone Sim card? and anything else I should know would greatly be appreciated.

2. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

that Really didnt help me with what i was asking for I was asking more advice than canceling data plans...

3. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I think a reliable solution is to call AT&T and find out.

4. 504A! macrumors member

504A!

yeah you will need a pick ur plan go phone account, a regular go phone refill card wont work without burning thru ur balance, just get a unlimited data with go phone $10 cheaper than iphone data plan and change the carrier settings for data to work

5. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

how do you get unlimted data I thought you can only get 5mb or 100mb?

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

That's correct, there is no unlimited data plan on pay as you go.

7. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

so I'm looking at Amazon/ebay I dont need a specific Sim card any unused att sim card will work?

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes.

9. 504A! macrumors member

504A!

not pay as you go, pick your plan and unless they discontinued unlimited data, which is what i have, u should be good, as in my screenshot

Attached Files:

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

They have discontinued unlimited data over a year ago because too many iPhone users were using it instead if real iPhone plans. I too still have a GoPhone plan in which I was lucky enough to still have a unlimited data plan but it expires in April if I don't refill it. I haven't refilled it since January.

They only offer 1MB for $4.99 or 100MB for $19.99 now.

11. Xibalba macrumors 6502

Xibalba

good to know - appreciate the info. maybe I can find a way to put my old iPhone 2G to good use...

12. jRight macrumors newbie

Here's my delima.

I have been using a iPhone Gen1 with the att pick your plan goPhone plan since 08. with the $20 unlimited data.

Said Gen1 iPhone finally died on me this past weekend. The question is can I move my already active iphone gophone account to the iPhone 4. If so. What do I need to do.

Thanks in Advance.