Gopjone q

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tweeek, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Tweeek macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have a 3GS factory unlocked by apple (In Canada). It is jailbroken as well. I am a little confused if any of these factors will make a difference when I activate my gophone sim when I travel to the US in a couple of weeks.

Also, somepeople seem to active their sim with their iphone imei, some with their gophone imei (without putting the sim in), some people with all 1's as their imei... What works best, or does it even matter? (I bought my sim off ebay)

2. profets macrumors 68040

When I traveled to the US from Canada I bought a go phone sim from AT&T directly. I didn't have to activate it at all, not sure if the sales guy did anything special. He even asked me to place it in my unlocked iPhone to make sure it would register on the network before leaving the store. Really shouldn't be an issue.

3. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

No issues will arise, just pop in the SIM. If you bought the SIM at a store (or eBay) then you will have to register it online etc.

If you go to an AT&T store and them have it do it for you, then you will most likely need to get the iPhone data plan which will cost you extra.

4. Tweeek thread starter macrumors newbie

But when I register the sim with AT&T do I use the iphone's IMEI or other?