GOPRO help deleting files

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Smileygymnast, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Smileygymnast macrumors newbie

I recently received a GoPro and so i was uploading files from my gopro to Mac and when I checked the storage it had less than Originally (Which I know Is normal) but then I deleted the GoPro stuff from photos and my storage stayed the same even though it should have gone back to original storage. And the GoPro footage did not show up in my trash! HELP PLS!!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Do you have Time Machine turned on? If you do, that is from Time Machine's local snapshots and is normal.

3. Smileygymnast thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you get rid of it?

4. Stacc macrumors 6502a

My experience with the gopro is that the files on the memory card are set to read only. The easiest way to clear the memory card is to format it from the gopro.

5. Smileygymnast thread starter macrumors newbie

Like I said I recently received a GoPro so I don't know how to do that

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The idea is you just ignore it and the OS will start to shrink (erase) that space as the drive approaches 80% full. But if you want to manually erase it, you can just turn Time Machine off briefly then turn it back on that that space will be completely erased.

7. Ifti macrumors 68000

You may want to check my videos (link in sig) as I have tons of videos on how to use the GoPro, along with plenty of reviews on accessories etc.

As mentioned, you need to format the card in the GoPro.

Press the Power/Mode button until you go through the shooting modes and get to settings.
    Press shutter button to enter settings.
    Press mode button until you get down to the Erase menu (little bin icon)
    Press shutter button to select
    Press mode button to select 'ALL'
    Press shutter button to select and confirm the action

The card will now format.

Press the button on the side o the camera (the small wifi/settings button) to exit the menu and jump back to the shooting mode.

If you need any more help feel free to give me a shout - as you'll see from my YouTube videos, Im rather experienced with GoPro's!

;)