GoPro on a ISS Spacewalk

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

NASA released footage from the ISS of astronauts taking a gopro outside with them on a spacewalk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/13/gopro-nasa-spacewalk-iss_n_7052604.html

2. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Incredible footage. Scenes from space always seem to put things in perspective.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The sound is interesting. The gopro seems to make and pick up the same sounds in space as it does down on earth

4. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

It has to be attached somewhere, and vibrations (sound) will be transmitted. Any play will result in friction->more sound. Audio Auto-levels means in silent conditions, even the slightest squeak will be amplified and be recorded as loud.

5. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I'm sure the company that makes GoPro loves all the extreme conditions their camera is being used in and functioning in.....droped from a plane, used in the vacuum of space, etc.... Makes the camera look damn good.

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I got one for Christmas this past year and really enjoy using it. Although, I can't claim to use it in any sort of "extreme" conditions. :D

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah it kind of markets its self. The stock swelled up to $100 per share before Christmas last year, because of the holiday also because of the Hero 4 release, but now its back down to $44.

A bio about GoPro founder from Forbes.

8. eko91 macrumors regular

SO cool!

Seriously wow Go Pro is taken to all parts of the world! I never used a go pro so I wouldnt know, but do they record sounds too? I see the astronauts mouths moving, but I dont hear any sort of communication. Maybe they blurred it out... Either way, cool video. But I did NOT watch the entire clip ahaha

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That is pretty amazing footage. Thanks for sharing, OP.