Gosh iDVD is just about horrible! Wheres my Nero?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nabooly, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Ok ive been messing with this for just about 2 hours. (Im a recent convert, so be patient :) )

First i started out in iMovie, then i quickly realized that i didnt want to edit my videos. What i want to do is, i have 6 episodes of a show, i want to put them onto a DVD. So i went to iDVD and configure everything, import the video, and make it how i want it.

Then i realize that my 4GB DVDs arent big enough as the thing is 133 minutes long. So i just now want to export into aa Video_TS folder. But no, it tells me its too long, and to change the encoding. Now why would i want to downgrade the quality just to save a couple of Mbs? {and its actually on the lowest setting right now)

So now im stuck. I dont know what to do. Nero was perfect tbh. I dont necessarily want a new app to do this for me, as its getting quite annoying downloading seperate apps all the time.

Sorry about the rant :eek: I really do love this iMac ;)

Can someone help me out?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You probably want Toast, Roxio's mac equivalent of Nero

3. Nabooly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

I do have toast, stupid me, i actualyl thought the app that came with the comp would be better than one that didn't. :(

Ok ill start again in Toast, but before i start is there any limitation in it that I should be aware of?

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

How else do you think Nero does it? It compresses your files more to fit them into your DVD, so you will lose quality.

5. Nabooly thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Ok i guess your right about that. But nero is a hell of a lot easir to go through when your making a DVD (ofcourse you dont have as fancy menu themes). And theres no reason for it not to export the whole project onto my HDD (as a DVD not as a project file).