GOSH WOULD APPLE PLEASE STOP!

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
1,494
0
Rockford MI
well... not really. it just seams when ever i am for surely (i dont think thats a word) going to get a apple computer like the Mac mini a updated computer comes out like the new Powerbooks. So even thought i cant afford either right now but i will by the end of the summer at the latest i dont no what im going to do becasue apple just keeps on making there products better! have any of you felt this?

edited:caps (sorry didnt want to seem like i was yellin)
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
No. I think you aren't serious about getting an Apple computer. I think anybody can afford a Mac mini if they wanted one bad enough. They could sell some stuff to afford one, but since you seem to be on the fence, I'd say you aren't serious or really have no idea what you would want a mac for.
 

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
1,494
0
Rockford MI
Lacero said:
No. I think you aren't serious about getting an Apple computer. I think anybody can afford a Mac mini if they wanted one bad enough. They could sell some stuff to afford one, but since you seem to be on the fence, I'd say you aren't serious or really have no idea what you would want a mac for.
Well to bad i dont have anything to sell right now! im frickin in highschool curently with no car. If i could get a mac mini right now i would replace it before college but if i was to get a powerbook i would keep it for and during college
 

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
938
0
Seattle
I don't know about anyone else, but I have no clue what you're complaining about. On another note... what grade are you in? I was a sophomore in HS and bought myself a kickass powerbook G4 400MHz. Given your apparant financial constraints, I hope you don't have a job.
 

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
1,195
0
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
runninmac said:
Well to bad i dont have anything to sell right now! im frickin in highschool curently with no car. If i could get a mac mini right now i would replace it before college but if i was to get a powerbook i would keep it for and during college
But you can't afford a Mini which is 1/3 the price of a PB.

P.S. Get a job. :cool:
 

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
395
0
Lacero said:
No. I think you aren't serious about getting an Apple computer. I think anybody can afford a Mac mini if they wanted one bad enough. They could sell some stuff to afford one, but since you seem to be on the fence, I'd say you aren't serious or really have no idea what you would want a mac for.
That's kind of a harsh response. Lighten up.
 

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
6,168
354
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Give the fellow a break--this is probably the wrong section to post this in, but the only thing that he (she?) is complaining about is that Apple makes so many appealing products. Every time you think you've picked the one you want to buy, they release something else cool that you want, too.

And the Mini is dirt cheap, but not everybody in high school has quick access to $500 or so. Not that they can't get it with some work (or parental begging, providing that your family isn't ok financially), but it can take a while, wich is why runninmac said the end of the summer, I assume after working some odd jobs to save up.
 

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
3,225
0
somewhere between here and there.
I never felt like that, I buy what I need that is all. I am not trying to keep on the cutting edge of technology, since in the end its the work that matters. Bragging about technology is for teens. :)

What I don't like is when I buy an Apple product I have to do an inspection of it, dead pixels, etc.. Since I have had some bad experiences in the past. Other than that its all been positive. :)
 

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
395
0
Blackheart said:
If it was at all harsh, I think it was because this thread should be in the wasteland.
The post was nothing but a quick praise for apple. Why bash the poster for it? If you don't think it should have been here, ignore it and it will work its way off the page.
 

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
1,195
0
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
vtprinz said:
The post was nothing but a quick praise for apple. Why bash the poster for it? If you don't think it should have been here, ignore it and it will work its way off the page.
He has the right to post his opinion just as much as anyone (If approiate). That's what I like about MR. :)
 

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
1,494
0
Rockford MI
I was not complaining i was actualy giving a complament about how good of computers apple makes and how when i can afford one i wont no which one to choose becasue theres so many good ones out there sorry but i wasnt meaning to complain. i guess im just bad at exspressing my feelings

PS thanks for all the people that are actucally nice
 

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
395
0
sjpetry said:
(If approiate)
Didn't seem appropriate, seemed like something that would make a new poster not want to come back to the forum...

We don't want that now, do we :rolleyes:
 

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
869
0
Cleveland
runninmac said:
I was not complaining i was actualy giving a complament about how good of computers apple makes and how when i can afford one i wont no which one to choose becasue theres so many good ones out there sorry but i wasnt meaning to complain. i guess im just bad at exspressing my feelings

PS thanks for all the people that are actucally nice
You also need to brush up on the spelling. You won't get a job or into college w/spelling like that......... You'll be stuck using a hand me down Dell..........
 

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
395
0
mojohanna said:
You also need to brush up on the spelling. You won't get a job or into college w/spelling like that......... You'll be stuck using a hand me down Dell..........

:eek:
 

Inspector Lee

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
590
0
East Lansing, MI
If you have a job (or had one during the summer), you should get a hundred or so from the taxman. Then there are those lake-effect GR winters... Still a lot of winter left here in MI... We should get a couple more snowstorms and I'd recommend getting a shovel and soliciting the neighborhood with an emphasis placed on the too-cheap-to-get-the-plow-service elderly. It is tax-free coin to boot. In eight weeks, you'll have a Mac Mini and a sleek physique.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And I'd recommend taking before and after pics of not only your pipes but also your set up - beige Dell box versus the Mac Mini.

Seriously, if you really want this thing you need to develop a game plan and then get your thing together. $479 isn't a lot to scrounge these days.
 

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
395
0
Inspector Lee said:
We should get a couple more snowstorms and I'd recommend getting a shovel and soliciting the neighborhood with an emphasis placed on the too-cheap-to-get-the-plow-service elderly. It is tax-free coin to boot. In eight weeks, you'll have a Mac Mini and a sleek physique.
You know, I tried snow shoveling, leaf raking, and lawn mowing when I was a kid, and maybe I just lived in a really cheap neighborhood, but NO ONE was ever willing to give a kid a measly $5 to shovel/rake/mow
 

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
1,494
0
Rockford MI
god yes i know i suck at spelling it "aint" no surprise. But i hope that it wont all add up to me getting a dell that would SUCK!
 

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
938
0
Seattle
vtprinz said:
You know, I tried snow shoveling, leaf raking, and lawn mowing when I was a kid, and maybe I just lived in a really cheap neighborhood, but NO ONE was ever willing to give a kid a measly $5 to shovel/rake/mow
Wow, now that's super stingy. When I mowed lawns, I could weasel between $10 and $20 depending on the size of the lawn.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.