Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Has anyone used this?

http://justgosmart.squarespace.com/stylus/

There aren't many reviews on Amazon for it, and so I'm a little hesitant, but I'd really like something like this because it seems to be more accurate for writing on an app like Noteshelf. . . .

The only thing is, it's similar to Adonit's Jot Pro, and that has a bad reputation for scratching up screens.
http://www.amazon.com/Adonit-Dampen...r_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Has anyone used this?

http://justgosmart.squarespace.com/stylus/

There aren't many reviews on Amazon for it, and so I'm a little hesitant, but I'd really like something like this because it seems to be more accurate for writing on an app like Noteshelf. . . .

The only thing is, it's similar to Adonit's Jot Pro, and that has a bad reputation for scratching up screens.
http://www.amazon.com/Adonit-Dampen...r_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Does anyone have any experience with this?

My JotPro hasn't scratched my screen...

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
My JotPro hasn't scratched my screen...

I think the problem that people have been reporting is that dust, etc. gets trapped in the plastic disc easily and when you start "writing", that particle gets taken along for the ride and will scratch the screen.

I know that the iPad has supposedly super hard glass (Gorilla?), but I don't trust it. My wife's screen has tiny faint scratches on it, and she is super careful.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I think the problem that people have been reporting is that dust, etc. gets trapped in the plastic disc easily and when you start "writing", that particle gets taken along for the ride and will scratch the screen.

I know that the iPad has supposedly super hard glass (Gorilla?), but I don't trust it. My wife's screen has tiny faint scratches on it, and she is super careful.

How does GoSmart prevent that? I mean, just clean the tip and the screen first.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
How does GoSmart prevent that? I mean, just clean the tip and the screen first.

I don't know. Maybe because there is no plastic to trap anything? I honestly don't know. But whenever I look to purchase electronics, I always do a ton of research first, and those reviews give me pause.

There have been a few who have said that they are meticulous with their screens and still get micro scratches.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I don't know. Maybe because there is no plastic to trap anything? I honestly don't know. But whenever I look to purchase electronics, I always do a ton of research first, and those reviews give me pause.

There have been a few who have said that they are meticulous with their screens and still get micro scratches.

It looks just like the JotPro, I wonder how well it works with a screen protector. I have the InvisibleShield on mine and JotPro seems alittle laggy, but I haven't really used it with the screen protector on. I'll play with it and let you know.

If you do get the GoSmart, let me know how you like it.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
It looks just like the JotPro, I wonder how well it works with a screen protector. I have the InvisibleShield on mine and JotPro seems alittle laggy, but I haven't really used it with the screen protector on. I'll play with it and let you know.

If you do get the GoSmart, let me know how you like it.

Yes, let me know what you think after you play with it a bit. The difference between the JotPro and the GoSmart is that the latter doesn't have a plastic disc, but just a wire target-circle looking thing. The metal is teflon-coated, so supposedly no chance of the metal itself scratching the screen, but who knows if any debris can get stuck in there and be taken to town on the glass.

I'm going to go with a Bamboo stylus today, and I'm also going to order, I think, the GoSmart, and whichever is number 2 I'll simply return.

Falkowski83

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
A friend has the JotPro and the GoSmart. He says the GoSmart is more precise, and it is the best Stylus he ever had.

THere is just one issue: he notice some scratches on the screen, but isn't sure if it was the JotPro or the GoSmart.

I ordered a GoSmart from aAmazon yesterday. As I live in Brazil, it will probably take 30 days for me toreceive. However, I'm looking forward to it.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I'm considering the GoSmart stylus as well to draw in the first place.
So, I wonder, any updates here?

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
I'm considering the GoSmart stylus as well to draw in the first place.
So, I wonder, any updates here?

I was scared off by the potential scratches, so I never pulled the trigger. I'm using a Maglus now, which I like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.