Got $50 credit to my bill from AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Oct 14, 2011.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

But i would rather have my phone activated. I called in because I started getting error messages saying that i did not have the correct sim instered for my account. It said to insert the sim that came with the iPhone and try to activate again. The rep on the phone told me that you could not activate iphones over the air and the only way to activate the phone was to connect it to iTunes. I told him that was not true that this was the first iPhone that could be activated over the air. A small argument ensued that ended with me asking to speak to a supervisor. Would you believe the supervisor came on and told me the same thing. Now they were not telling me that the over the air activation process was having problems and I would probably be better off activating over iTunes. i could accept that. They were saying that is was not possible to activate the new iPhone 4s unless you connected it to iTunes. Why don't they know the basic activation process for the new iPhones. Anyway since my old iphone was shut off at 12:30pm and my new iPhone has yet to be activated he said he would give me a $50 credit to my account. Well thats all well and good but my phone still does not work. i think I'm going to go down to the AT&T store after work and see if they can help.

2. BunniMei macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem. I called into AT&T, and got my old phone "deactivated" so they could then activate my new one.. didn't exactly work out like that.. and had two worthless cell phones for a little while. It took about an hour to an hour and a half to finally get my 4S activated. OVER THE AIR! :D Sorry they were being dumb, but that's nice of them to give you a $50 credit.

3. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Listen Pal, they said you would get your 4s on the 14th, (never said it would work) -

LOL just joking with you - :)

4. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya, the $50 credit was cool i still can't believe that the employees of AT&T don't know that this new iPhone can be activated over the air.:confused::eek:

5. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Very happy you got the phone credit! :thumbsup:

I'm also extremely happy that we're finally untethered to computers for the first time. If nothing else, Steve has left us with a great phone that's almost perfect in every way.

Thanks Steve

6. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

OMG. Exact same issue here.

I'm so fed up with AT&T. They were actually trying to blame Apple for it. I then spent 30 minutes on the phone with an Apple rep who confirmed it was nothing hardware related. Freakin' ridiculous.

Any tips to get the $50 credit?