Got a 23" ACD with the nasty pink overcast... twice

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rpk, Jun 24, 2007.

1. rpk macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm a first time Apple buyer. Got a 17" MBP and 23" ACD. The ACD had the much talked about pink overcast. At first I thought that the screen on the MBP had a blueish overcast seeing both displays side by side. But it clearly was the ACD looking pinkish. Today I went back to the store and got a new ACD. Back home... same pink tint.

From those of you who have experienced this scenario yourself I'd be glad to know how it ended for you. Will I be running back and forth to teh Apple store and getting replacement ACD until I'll finally get one without the nasty color tint? Or is this something I'll simply have to live with in the end, because it's just how these displays are?

BTW, the MBP isn't perfect either for a laptop that cost over $3k. The space key is a bit crooked and the display doesn't close evenly over the width of the laptop. I may be returning the laptop as well and hope I can get a mint one.

Any advice is highly appreciated! This certainly isn't the high quality I expected eventhough I read about the quality control issues in forums before I purchased. I'm willing to go through the process of running back to the store several times until I get good hardware but would be glad to know if/that the perfect display (and MBP) exists!

Thanks for your help!

RPK

2. Halsey12 macrumors regular

Wow, I thought they dealt with the pink 2 years ago... I just bought a 23" ACD on friday and it is flawless- it makes my 17" Powerbook's screen look pink as can be. Good luck with the exchanges, third time may be the charm.

3. rpk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply! It's good to know that I won't need to settle for this color overcast - That's a relief!

Thanks,
    Philip