Got a BB Bold *iPhone related*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SeanZy, Dec 29, 2008.

1. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Okay, so I have had an iPhone 3G since launch day, I went with a couple friends and waited to get one. I loved it.

Then AT&T got the blackberry bold, and god is it a beautiful phone.

Well I got this phone about 10 days ago. I thought that I would like it much more because I would be able to record video, cut and paste, MMS , etc...

Less than 2 weeks of having it, and I just can't take it anymore. The internet on the BB is horrible (I knew this would be the case going into it) . The phone is so nice and it really is great, but compared to the iPhone it really does not touch it. The ease of use on the iPhone is unsurpassed. Especially with me owning an iMac. With the blackberry I have to switch to Windows and use damn media manager to put stuff on it. What a hassle!

I popped my sim card back into my iPhone last night, and god it felt good. Really I just cat believe how much I have wanted my iPhone back.

I just wanted to share this with you all, and maybe anyone trying to decide between the two (as I think the blackberry bold is the best smartphone on the market next to the iPhone).

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

3. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will be taking it back today or tomorrow, yes.

4. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I want a bold for the same reasons that you had, maybe I just want a new gadget that i can play with but now I don't know if I'll get it.

ChrisN

5. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chris that was exactly how i felt I wanted something new, but I didn't want that to overtake the logical decision of sticking with the iPhone.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

That sounds dirty...like hooking up with your ex. :)

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

If AT&T doesn't charge a re-stock fee, get it, play around with it for a week or two, and see how you like it. Maybe you will?

8. Robby9279 macrumors regular

LMAO!!!! :D
    That was funny sorry, haha.
    Anyway, My dad will be getting a BB soon, and when/if I get a new iPhone anytime soon, I would like to compare the two, interesting on the OP's thoughts.

9. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

One thing that you cannot deny about any Blackberry is their email service.

Instant push email to up to ten email accounts either corporate email, company email or web based email.

Plus full push allows for all the popular IM clients on their devices (Yahoo chat, MSN, Google Talk, AIM).

And all this without a major effect on the handset battery life.

I'm given a Blackberry Curve as a work phone and I use an iPhone for personal use.

10. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Spam...

I took a crap this morning while talking on iPhone, does that warrant a post as well?

11. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Pictures or it didnt happen

12. wrinklefree macrumors newbie

I'm fortunate enough to own both devices

..and if I can take components of the Bold with the iPhone I would have the perfect device. The Bold is my M-F device and the iPhone is a great weekend companion.

What I like about the Bold:

1. I love how the true multi-tasking ability of RIM's OS. Launch an IM application, minimize it, surf the web, then toggle back and forth using the task switcher. Everything is super quick with a nice status bar telling you about whats going on.

2. The screen although small, is STUNNING. Pixel density of off the charts.

3. Real push email, not just push notifications. Emails are ready to be read, and you can do a bulk delete very easily.

4. Infinitely customizable which could be a negative, since it adds a layer of complexity. RIM phones are great for tweakers because you can set so many different options. Want to change the notifications for incoming IM's? How about a different sound profile for off-work. No problem.

5. Awesome turn by turn GPS with traffic. I can't tell you how useful this is on business trips.

6. Stereo speakers!

Whats not so good:

1. The browser has come a long way, but still not anything close to the iphone. Without a touch or larger screen I'm not sure how far RIM can take it anyway.
    2. You can't touch the integrated ipod in the apple. Sorry RIM.
    3. The App store is ingenious, and there are some great apps that you can only get on the iPhone.
    4. A little complex for non geeks or RIM-heads. My mom can use the iphone without picking up a manual.

13. SeanZy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I completely agree wrinkle free. A combination of these two phones would be amazing.

Why dont they just get together and do it already!! haha

14. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

haha, hilarious. Well I'm glad you're back to using the iPhone.

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Why is it so hard for even RIM, who has been making those phones for years, to make a decent piece of software to sync the phone up with a computer? That was my top annoyance with an MP3 player I bought pre-iTunes.

16. Sherb macrumors member

Funny you made a post about this. I too got a Bold and within 2 weeks I put it up for sale. I love the Bold, but it can't compete with the app store and the iPhone's simplicity and ease of use.

17. Acronym macrumors 68000

i do that all the time, its called multi tasking, of course nothings worse for the guy on the other end

"so what do you wa...." "hold on jim, *grunts* *ploop* ok go ahead"