Got a Casecrown on my 13 air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GadgetGeek407, Aug 27, 2011.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I just got the case crown case in today from amazon its pretty nice, I DO like that it finally gives me full protection all around and I'm not afraid to place it anywhere. Previous to this I was using a incase sleeve and still would be hesitant to put it anywhere.

For those of you using this case do you permanently leave it in here? I like it but it does give a tad bit bulk. Wondering what setup I should go with considering I am looking at getting an incase backpack as well. So that being said should I keep this and the backpack or a clear speck case and the backpack?

I wish there was a cut for the apple logo to light up now THAT would be badass

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That's nice. I do however feel compelled to point out that...

[​IMG]

:D

3. jpl6 macrumors member

4. Built macrumors 68020

That little tab "thingy" looks like it would interfere with your use of the trackpad. Wish there were a way to tuck that away. It just looks like it would be in the way, always sticking up like that.

5. glen e, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

no pic and no link - pls try again....like the one above

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Sorry buy why turn a light laptop into an average one? I get casing for transport but this looks like an always on.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I feel the same way. I did install the Speck hard case and gotta say I am impressed how thin and unobtrusive it is, but nothing is as beautiful as a naked MBA (well, we are talking laptops here... :D )

8. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah thats the one, sorry been super busy lately yeah the flap is kind of annoying but its a very high end feel case....I am thinking to try to speck case since I have one at home

9. iApple Mania macrumors member

iApple Mania

I've got a BookBook Case by Twelfth South from Amazon, too. I like it so much as it's ultimately vintage feeling of touch.

10. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what i really wanted but damn that thing is expensive plus the zipper shows which gives it away

11. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

just put on the clear speck and DAMN it looks so much sexier and you can see the slim look of the air way better!!!! GODDD I am so indecisive NOW I'm debating keeping the speck or just getting an invisible shield or or wrapsol wrap to lose some more weight!!! but this speck isn't as bad as the one on my 13 pro this seems lighter

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Isn't it? What color did you get? I got the Satin and my wife got the Red (Raspberry?). Its actually pretty slick. The MBA definitely looks better naked, but I feel a lot better carrying it around with the Speck case. I can still fit it inside my Bohdi or Knomo leather cases (the Knomo is a bit tight but it fits) for carrying inside my briefcase, but I probably don't need to use those cases anymore. I ordered a Booq Vyper so I can cary the charger, cables, and external HD with all my movies. I think it all won't fit but I am going to give it a shot.

Decisions decisions! :D

13. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glad im not the only indecisive one here lol I have the clear one even though i hate how the bottom will always turn yellow but i like the show and look of the air and showing the titanium. i had the black satin on my pro 13 for like 6 months

14. Built macrumors 68020

For the first time since I began buying Macbooks in 2007, I am skipping the Speck case and just leaving my MBA naked and sticking it in a be.ez LaRobe sleeve.

I purchased the Speck Clear just to try it out and there seems to be something wrong with it as the back portion does not permit the lower part of the top cover to clear when open.

This could just be a defective one but it has turned me off of Speck for good, especially after speaking to their friendly. but ineffective, customer service.

15. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I wish Incase offered its cases for the 17" MacBook Pro.

16. rhinosrcool, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

The CaseCrown case is great. Not only does it offer protection, it looks really nice. Also, on the bottom, it has a flap that opens to ventilate the laptop, and for typing, it props it up for a nice angle. In addition, you can flip the cover over and it gives additional padding, especially for on the lap use. As far as the securing flap, you can bend it so that it isn't really in the way. Lastly, even though it is a case, you can easily remove it.

17. sweatygorilla macrumors newbie

Doesthis case make the MBA hotter? Are the vents sufficient?

18. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Using this case, my MBA has not gotten any hotter. Occasionally, the air, under load, will get warm. However, the vast majority of the time, it is neither hot nor warm. Also, I have a Moshi keyboard protector. With both of these on my air, it is rarely hot. If you push your air, whether cased or not, it will get warm. As I said previously, the flap underneath really helps with heat dissipation.

Since, with prior airs, I remember the hinge problems and don't keep the top attached. For me, I just don't want to put any load on the lid. With the cover unattached, it also, especially for those who want to show off their airs, shows the Apple logo. At present, my hinge is strong. I want to keep it that way.