Got a dented 17, sent it back, now taking forever to replace

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamesschmidtke, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I had expedited shipping, got my 17 ag 7200rpm In about a week. Unfortunately it came dented and scratched, so they suggested I send it back. I sent it via fed ex that same day and was told the minute fed ex scanned it in the system they would begin work on my order. It's a week later and even though Ive been upgraded to next day , they keep lagging and missing their shipment windows. Now it's looking like the 16th, has anyone else had to do a return? Is this happening all around?

2. citizenal macrumors regular

Same happened to me. Ordered a mbp and received it on the 2nd. Sent it back the same day and still have not received shipping conformation for my new unit. Now it says it will deliver on the 10-16th. I feel your pain.

Edit: My computer had a clicking sound coming from the cooling fans that would get louder as the fans would spin at a higher rpm.

3. jamesschmidtke thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol. They are waiting to refurb our return units back to us! Ha, that sucks yea I don't wish this pain on anyone! No amount of 15 dollar off apple Online store coupons can fix this. Just send my perfect 3000 dollar computer please apple!