Got a few questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plugtrade, Nov 26, 2007.

1. plugtrade macrumors newbie

Okay well, I currently have a few apple computer's but this is my first time im going to buy new from the apple site itself. But I have a few questions.

What is the best financing to go with this? Who is making payments on their apple computer.

Is it better to order online or call the 1-800 number that apple gives you?

Btw, I can't afford 2grand for a computer or i would just pay cash. Also on the payment plan im looking for younger people around 20 when you dont have perfect credit to answer me but Im happy with any answer I get though.

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I myself prefer ordering online, as those sells reps with most companies try to push other products on you. As for financing, can't help you there as I've never used credit at Apple.

3. plugtrade thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh okay thanks, Btw which part of kentucky are you located?

Another question. If you open up your imac to replace your hard drive does that void your warranty?

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I'm not entirely sure if opening your computer will void your warranty or not, you can read about it on the Apple website here. I'm from Hazard by the way.

5. plugtrade thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh okay, Well im from lexington! Thanks for the link

Btw. Im still looking for any suggestions on the payments.

6. jmack549 macrumors 6502

I recently got approved for an Apple CC (Juniper technically), but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not. I have $1100 of debt elsewhere, which will easily be paid by November (tax returns), and I would only need about $300 on the Apple card, but I am VERY much looking forward to being debt free. I'll probably just save and wait.

7. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

No, but your new drive will not be covered by the warranty, nor will anything you break doing it (but don't let that discourage you from doing it).