Got a gift VMWare Fusion 2.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bbotte, Mar 1, 2009.

1. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

SO A buddy told me that the best way to run windows is with Fusion 2 and for an early birthday present he got it for me. He says the best way to use it is to not use bootcamp, just load the WIndows XP OS with Fusion. He says it is a true Virtual machine that way. I did a quick search and the site comes up with a bunch of stuff that doesn't really answer my question. Any good sites that show how to do this for an average computer person?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It creates a self-contained VM by default. Just follow the instructions and give us a shout if you get stuck on a particular step.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

What is your question? I only count one question mark in the above and that is where you are asking for a web site. OK: "www.vmware.com"

What is it you want to know? BTW, your buddy is 100% correct.

4. bbotte thread starter macrumors 65816

bbotte

how to do this without bootcamp, and I don't have a full version of XP, I do the upgrade trick when it asks for a full version I stick in a full Windows 98 version and it let's me load a full version of Xp from the upgrade. Can I do this, or do I need a full version?

5. bbotte thread starter macrumors 65816

bbotte

Anyone?

6. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

If you have a Windows 98 disk then you can create a virtual machine using that and then upgrade it to XP.