Got a good deal, should I take it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by USB-Cedric, Jan 24, 2016.

  1. USB-Cedric macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    #1
    I can buy a perfectly functional (no damage externally or internally) macbook pro 15 inch for 1000 euro which has a warranty until mid 2017. I have been waiting for skylake for so long, should I take this opportunity though? Seems like a hell of a deal, think I can even flip it for a profit.

    It's a base model 2014 15 inch.
     
  2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2010
    #2
    Honestly just get it lol. Skylake is good and all but the increase is minor.
     
  3. USB-Cedric thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    #3
    Thanks for the reply but I just got word the deal is off, apparently it was the last one. **** me sideways lol
     
  4. Untouchable49 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2016
    #4
    I got a similar deal. 1066 euro equivalently for a 2015 base model 15" (retails for 2100 euro), supposedly in brand new condition. Waiting for it to arrive atm. Not sure this is the ideal machine for me since I'll be carrying it around quite a bit and probably would be better off with a 13", but I figured this deal was too good to ignore.
     
  5. Closingracer macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2010
    #5
    Honestly I would wait until they refresh the models and go after the 2015 model on a discount. Skylake is only a minor increase and unless you need the power I would just save some money and get the 2015 on sale for substantial savings.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2016 ---

    God I wish i could find that :( Probably not ideal for me in college but whatever lol. Bigger real estate the better lol. One reason why i never considered the 15inch is because the price of $1,999 base is way out of my price range.


    15 Inch Windows laptops I have tried were portable enough so I figure the Macbook is the same enough so its a moot difference for me at least I figure.
     
  6. Untouchable49 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2016
    #6
    The more I do research the more I realize I've gotten quite a good deal here. I'll evaluate it when I get it, but if I decide I don't want to keep it, what would be a good price to sell it for?
     
  7. USB-Cedric thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    #7
    Depends what country you're in mate, over here (BE) it would go for about 1800-1900 euro in new condition under warranty.
     
  8. Untouchable49 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2016
    #8
    Should have mentioned that I live in Sweden I guess. The prices shouldn't differ that much between Sweden and Belgium, right?
     
  9. macbook_21 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2015
    Location:
    In yo' bizness
    #9
    That seems like a pretty amazing price. I see you missed the deal, however. Keep looking and you'll likely find another awesome deal.

    If you have the budget, don't hesitate this time.
     
  10. USB-Cedric thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2016
    #10
    Thanks for the advice man!
     

Share This Page