Got a great case for my iPad 2 finally!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gmikesell, Mar 24, 2011.

1. gmikesell macrumors regular

I went into Best Buy this evening hoping to find a decent iPad stand. I asked the store rep and he seemed to have a hard time understanding what I was looking for. He took me over to a display and said "This is all we have" and then I saw this: http://www.protectwhatsinside.com/product.aspx?sku=THZ045US&nav1=10&name=iPad 2&regionId=7

It's a full body case with all the great stand angles! I have been looking for these new cases to show up on Best Buy's website but they still aren't being listed so if you are still looking for a case, you might check out what Best Buy has in stock regardless what is being shown on their web site. They might have something in stock that'll work nicely. My only complaint is that it doesn't have the magnets. Oh well, it still makes a great case!

2. outz macrumors 6502

3. gmikesell thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, Best Buy sold it to me for about $55 and I had a bunch of certs I've been saving so I was out of pocket all of about $5.

I agree, price was steep but real leather and plush lining (suede?) and full body protection, plus the certs, made the cost manageable and worth it to me.

4. kcsr macrumors member

looks neat, but i'm personally not interested in doubling the weight and tripling the thickness of my ipad.

5. shiftyeyedTexan macrumors newbie

I just got one as well

I picked this up at Best Buy last night and it is good quality and pretty terrific. You can't tell but it has an elastic strap to keep it closed. I like it a lot. It was $60, but I used remaining $15 or so left on Xmas giftcard so it didn't sting quite as much.

6. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

I also picked this one up today and it works great. I really wish it used a magnet instead of the strap though. The griffin case I got from them is going back. The stitching is already coming out of that case and it's less than 2 weeks old.

7. jedolley macrumors 68000

8. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

I picked up at Best Buy this Griffin Elan Folio Slim for my wife's iPad 2:
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elan-folio-slim

It was about $40 and it's not real leather, so a rip-off from a materials standpoint. But it protects the back, adds minimal thickness, and has the dual-stand layout. All in all, not a bad case, but I'd like to see it offered in other colors/materials and at a lower price point.