Got a GREAT deal on a Unibody Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bsf31392, Nov 20, 2008.

1. bsf31392 macrumors newbie

I have been going back and forth on getting the 2.5 GHz previous generation or going with the 2.4 Unibody. Right when I was about to pull the trigger on the 2.5 refurb ($1630 including taxes) I saw a listing for a Brand New 2.4 Unibody for $1800 on ebay, once I coupled that with the 25% Live Cash Back, I was actually able to buy the aluminum pro for $1635!!! I could kick myself for using the 10% coupon for a stupid pair of boots a couple of weeks ago!! If I wouldn't have made that mistake I could have picked up a brand new current generation Macbook pro for $1535!!!

Now some will say that the previous generation 2.5 refurb is probably a better machine, but I love the look of the new mac and for the type of stuff I do, I would probably know the difference in the slightly upgraded specs. As a matter of fact, if my eyesight was better, I probably would have gotten the top of the line MacBook.

If anyone is interested......THERE IS STILL ONE MACBOOK PRO LEFT AT THIS PRICE!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MacBOOK-Pro-2-2...14&_trkparms=72:1199|66:3|65:12|39:1|240:1318

2. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Congratulations on your purchase. Who sells a newly released MBP for $200 less than Apple? I hope that it's not stolen and you have no problem registering it. How would you obtain a replacement or service if you cannot register it with Apple? As far as the 10% coupon goes, I believe that it was for up to $100 off and it expired at the end of October.

3. bsf31392 thread starter macrumors newbie

My credit card company and paypal should protect me. The person's feedback is okay so I shouldn't have a problem. As far as the coupon is concerned, It expires Nov 30th.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

5. jimthegreek macrumors member

Good Deal.

I bought mine from a local craigslist ad, the guy bought it off ebay for the cash back and then decided he didnt want it. I scored it for $1700.00

Instant Gratification FTW!