Got a iMac, sold two weeks later

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AsylumCam, Sep 29, 2007.

1. AsylumCam macrumors newbie

I've been a Windows user since there was Windows and believed that there was nothing else out there worth looking at. However, when MS come out with Vista I decided I had to start looking because I felt Vista was horrible.

Purchased a 17 in G4 iMac off eBay, used it for a few days and totally feel in love! So much so, that I sold it on eBay and ordered a 24 in iMac (refurb) from Apple. I was going to go with a 20 in Aluminum iMac until I found they had the 24 in White iMacs at Apple for $1449!!!!!!

Now, the hard part is the wait! It is supposed to ship by Oct 2-3. And of course as soon as Leopard is out I will order that as well.

So, here I am, another PC convert.

:D

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's easily done :D:D

3. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

4. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

Welcome to the forum and to the Mac family! I switched about 6 weeks ago and have not EVEN looked back. I've been building high-end gaming rigs for years and have dabbled with macs on numerous occations (my first real computer was a Mac SE) and have not been this excited about a new system 6 weeks into it in a LONG time. While I still have to use PC's and develop software for them at my job, at home it's pure computing bliss on my 24" iMac. :D:apple::D

Hope the machine comes early and you enjoy it as much as I have mine! Congrats and once again welcome to the forum, this is a great one!

5. MaskedPhantom macrumors regular

MaskedPhantom

I thought this thread was titled "Got a iMac, sold it two weeks later".

6. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

Same here. In two weeks I bought 2 Macs... Gotta love OSX. Just stuck with bootcamp because of convertxtodvd (subtitle purposes and ease of use) and some games:D
    Hopefully this will change soon

7. M3G4 macrumors regular

I think my iMac is going to make me convert back :(

Have fun with your new mac though, I think mines a duff, my macbook works fine!!

8. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

he/she sold t he first imac..and got a new one..so..whats wrong with the title?

9. AsylumCam thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the confusion on the title, I did buy an iMac and sell it two weeks later. But, I sold it because I was hooked on OS X and the iMac after just a few days of using it. So much, that I decided to give my PC to the kids and order a new, larger, faster iMac.

Ordered it Thurs and am hoping it will ship the first part of next week.

Thanks to all!

Andrew

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The title is misleading. It looks like another thread from a disappointed poster. After I read it I was quite thrilled for the OP as it's always cool to see a Mac switcher happy but the title looks like the OP was unhappy with their iMac and sold after 2 weeks. :eek:

11. AsylumCam thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, that was my feeble attempt at trying to be creative LOL. My only problem now is trying to find things to do to occupy my time while I wait for the new one to arrive.

12. JAT macrumors 603

"Use your goddamn pronouns!"

(a big cookie to whomever knows the origin)

13. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Murder by death??
    And shouldn't it be "Say your goddamn pronouns"? :)

14. JAT macrumors 603

You're right, should've used single quotes. For you:

[​IMG]

15. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Darn you! That cookie is so tempting but I must resist...