got a kernal panic on boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by youpey, Mar 10, 2009.

1. youpey macrumors member

i got the 3 language kernal panic on boot today. the one that tells you to hold down the power button. i rebooted and it booted fine. i booted again and it was fine. i then ran permissions test, there were a few things, which it fixed.

i ran disk check, and that ran ok

i ran the hardware test (pressing d on boot) and the fast check was ok, i am in the process of doing the extended test now.

i checked the kernel panic log, and it points to my Cisco VPN software. i am running all these tests just to feel better.

i called apple, they said if it only happens once it is probably a fluke, but he said if it happens again to call back

is there anything else i should check or do you think i covered everything.

i am still new to macs, but i work in PC IT, i want to make sure i am covering everything. i want to be as complete as i would be with a pc

specs in signature

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

That's going a bit overboard for just one kernel panic. :confused:

3. youpey thread starter macrumors member

probably. i am just trying to be complete and trying to learn more about the mac.

the full hardware test checked out ok

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Maybe I haven't experienced it yet myself, but I don't think Kernel Panic's happen by "fluke", generally there IS something wrong. Maybe yours did happen by fluke but I would be aware of what I was running just be sure.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

[ Steve Balmer voice]

Duplicate,duplicate,duplicate!!

[/Steve Balmer voice]

I wouldn't worry too much. Most real bugs are duplicated many times. If that happens then contact the "genius".