Got a MS 1600 points Card Need help

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by macfan881, Jan 19, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I got a card tonight and im stuck between Downloading the Mass effect DLC since its 240pts for both, or both Halo 3 map packs any input guys or should i go for something like shadow complex.

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

As someone who plays a TON of Halo, I would go for those, but with a couple caveats...

When you play multiplayer Halo 3, what playlists do you play? Depending on what you do, you can possibly skip some of the maps. I have all of the maps, but I play almost exclusively Social Slayer and Social Big Team. So, the only map I ever see of the Legendary pack is Avalanche, and from the Mythic pack is Sandbox. Those are fun maps, and I do occasionally play other gametypes, so the maps were worth it for me. But, you might check the current playlists and their required maps to see if you REALLY need them.

http://www.bungie.net/online/playlists.aspx

And also, do you have any intention of ever buying ODST? Obviously, if you can find ODST used, or on sale or whatever, that would be preferable. Not only do you get ODST, which is a real fun game in my opinion, but you get that multiplayer disc with ALL the maps. I haven't even touched my original Halo 3 disc since then. That is just another option.

I'm not a big Mass Effect fan, so I can't really help you there. But, if you're looking for some XBLA games, there are a few really good ones that everyone should have...

Portal: Still Alive
    Trials HD
    Rez HD
    Geometry Wars 2

Everyone should AT LEAST own those 4 games. A couple of those for 1600pts would be a great choice as well.

3. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx