Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
and I have slanted keys... and I gotta say...

YOU GUYS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS!? wtf.

Its slanted, but its not omg ugly. Its not even mildly bad, I don't even notice it unless i look at it flat.

Come on, people need other stuff to complain besides slanted keys. This is NOT a problem.

jmann

macrumors 604
I agree, people find the smallest, most insignificant things to bitch about on these forums. People don't even notice little things like this unless you point it out. I wouldn't bother complaining about something unless it hinders the functionality of the device. For example I have a very very slightly uneven iphone screen, but you can't even tell unless you hold it flat and look at it super close. I don't even bother thinking about it, my phone still works fine.

kudos to the OP for not whining about something stupid. :D it's a relief for a change.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
lol honestly had i not read about it here i would have never noticed, that being said I agree that it's really silly i could barely notice it and it doesnt bother me at all, but thats just my personal opinion. Some people are very anal about their devices and in a way i kind of understand how some people would demand perfection from apple since apple charges a premium for their products. This particular small unnoticeable defect does not affect me enough to whine about it and even less to return it to apple.

skrutzen

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2007
All it is (at least on mine) is that the keys are leaning to one side. It's on my all of my F keys. I have no complaints whatsoever. I think people are getting a little too anal about it IMHO.

What's interesting is that since this thing is loaded with gestures on the trackpad, I find that I'm hardly using my keyboard. Obviously I don't type much.

tomacintosh

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2005
I've noticed this on mine too but it's nothing that I keep looking at to the point of it annoying me. I think the backlight actually makes it look worse than it is.

BlackLight

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
people are just caught up in the excitement and thrill of new apple product, the new trend, style.. that they just want some attention or some form of condolence so they wouldn't feel left out ..so they all gang up like in forums and start bitching like little girls crying for their barbies. :D ..anyways im getting mine in a couple of hours so i will see what all the fuss is about with those defects they keep bitching about.

Im a PC my entire life and this is my first mac ..my Hp pavilion was a few dollars less than the macbook and a s a former pc user i learnt to fix it yourself or deal with it ..so if my brand new macbook gots slanted keys i will have two choices :D

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
If I paid $700 for this new Macbook Maybe it wouldn't bother me but $1600 there should be no excuse! Seriously almost $2000 and little things like that should not be happening, If I had money to blow on another one maybe I wouldn't be whining but I say for the price we have the right

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I keep reading about these "slanted keys," what are they? Can someone post a pic?

From what I see here, its basically the left side of the key is slightly lower then the right side of the key. (each key)

If I paid $700 for this new Macbook Maybe it wouldn't bother me but $1600 there should be no excuse! Seriously almost $2000 and little things like that should not be happening, If I had money to blow on another one maybe I wouldn't be whining but I say for the price we have the right

Apple's a luxury item, like if you buy a BMW or Benz or Acura or Infiniti or Lexus. You find flaws there, why can't Apple have any? just because of the price doesn't mean its flaw-proof.

Paul S

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Apple's a luxury item, like if you buy a BMW or Benz or Acura or Infiniti or Lexus. You find flaws there, why can't Apple have any? just because of the price doesn't mean its flaw-proof.

Seriously. I remember when the BMW E46 M3 came out and people were blowing engines like crazy (okay, exaggerated, but there were quite a few :D).

You won't ever find a perfect company that puts out perfect products. Apple included.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.