Got a new iPhone, but iMessages are acting up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashin, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Not sure this is the right forum, but here's my problem -

Updated from iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5S, and everything seemed fine. However, iMessages are being received really slow, or coming in as a kind of bulk (maybe 4-5 at a time).

I disabled iMessage on my old phone, and did the deregister on the Apple website too - this improved it a little bit.

I can see the person is "typing" with the dots that appear, then nothing received, then it might receive a few minutes later.

What to do now? I am going to disable it for a while, then re-enable it to see if that helps.

In the mean time, does anyone have any good suggestions, or has encountered such a problem when updating their phones to a new model?

This is the same SIM card and same Apple ID (obviously).

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you on Tmobile?
    Heard many have issues with them and imessages come all at once or take a long time.

3. Ashin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ashin

This is on wifi, so shouldn't be a carrier thing. I would expect wifi iMessages to have no problem at all.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Could be the particular wifi blocking some ports.
    It does the same on other wifi connections too?
    Test it out.

5. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Try turning off iMessage and FaceTime on the iPhone, then restart the device, then try turning them both on. And see if you're still having trouble.

Tuck

6. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

Same problem here, my wife just got the 6 about a month ago I reset her network settings and it works for about a day then it goes back to being flaky (not getting messages for up to 20min after they are sent) it's getting old really fast!!

7. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I have specifically never activated iMessages. Too many issues. Easier to avoid. Texting works fine.