Got a new Macbook Pro, what's going on with my screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ponch, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Ponch, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Definitely NOT normal, unless you have a VERY bright light aimed directly at the apple on the back side of the lid.

3. Ponch thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured as much haha, I just didn't know how to google this situation to see if anyone had a similar experience. I have to take back a case I bought this Saturday so I can definitely do it then.

4. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Haha I got curious. I have all 6500K color bulbs(daylight, not soft white) in my house and I have never seen that in my life, but if I put my MBP with the Apple pretty much right against a bulb it does what your picture looks like.

Under normal use though, no you shouldn't see that.

5. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Uhhhh...

Do you have a bright light shining behind the screen or is the back of the display facing the setting sun? Sure looks like the Apple logo.

In fact, I can mimic exactly what you're seeing by holding a flashlight up to the logo on the back of the screen as long as I have light/white colored pictures or windows open. Opening a large black window blocks the light.

Is it "normal"? No, I wouldn't say having a blinding light shining at the back of your display is normal. ;) The display panel itself showing the light, however, is normal. It doesn't care where the light comes from, the backlight is just that, it also illuminates the Apple logo. It's not inconceivable that the opposite would happen should the light behind the laptop be brighter than the backlight itself.

As such, no, I don't think your laptop has a problem.

----------

Looks like you all figured it out while I was replying. :D

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Slow typer, it took you 12 minutes to respond.:p:eek::eek::rolleyes:
    (Since Dalton63841 posted his answer)

7. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Pssh, most of that time was spent looking for a flashlight to verify my theory! :D