Got a new MacBook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Cyroceon, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I picked up a new MB466LL/A today and I have sold my White MacBook. I already have 2x2GB Mushkin sticks of DDR3 on the way from Newegg. I love the glass screen, but the trackpad does take some getting used to. However, all in all, I love it and I'm happy to replace the White MacBook with the Unibody model. Signature has already been updated to reflect new system.

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Congrats on your new MacBook. I've decided to stick with my 1,1 until at least the AppleCare runs out. It still runs wonderfully. The aluminum offerings are amazing machines.... enjoy.

3. yoppie macrumors 6502a

4. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

5. azdunerat macrumors regular

Because instead of being that ass that comes on to only post thier problems he wanted to post how psyched he was.

Btw I picked mine up last week and love it. The new track pad does have a bit of a learning curve

6. KershMan macrumors 6502

I've had mine going on about two weeks and it is a wonderful machine. I upgraded from a white MacBook and couldn't be happier. I have been missing my 12" PowerBook from back in the day and the alum MacBook fills in very nicely. Great power, portability, and looks!

7. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I just purchased mine yesterday to replace my 12 inch PowerBook, I have been using it as a daily machine for almost 6 years now! I had the white MacBook on order but the store was to slow and waiting on them gave me a chance to decide on the uni-body, they were not very happy with me.

8. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Because everyone always comes on and posts negative experiences and/or problems, so I decided to come on and post how much I was happy about getting the new unibody MacBook.

Either way, thanks everyone. I certainly hope you all have your own to enjoy at home, but damn this has got to be the most aesthetically pleasing piece of electronic equipment I've ever seen. It is gorgeous.

However, in light of its birthday, I have already placed a rush order for 4GB of Crucial Memory (2x2GB) and that should give it a little boost. How about you guys, any upgrades/mods? Anyone have any recommendations?

9. macJC50640 macrumors regular

4gb, eh?

Can't these machines unofficially handle 6gb? :p
    I'm thinking of getting one of these too. A little question about the trackpad:
    Can you use your thumb to click as well or do you have to use your finger?

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

You can use it like you would with any other trackpad...there's just no separate physical button there...

But to be honest, with all the gestures and everything, it seems like it is a lot more natural to use tap to click, which I have converted to from actually clicking, and it makes everything more fluid, at least for me.

11. azdunerat macrumors regular

Yes I have heard it will but the question is do you need 6? Hell you can get 4 from newegg right now for 52.00 the 6 gig kit I saw was 400 :eek:

12. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I think it's cool when people post that they got a new Mac. It's like getting a new car, you're excited and want to tell everyone.

CONGRATS!!!

13. nyry30 macrumors newbie

Congrats on the purchase I hope you're enjoying it, I just picked up mine this week as well and it's been great so far, the last MacBook I had was the 1.83ghz Core Duo and then I also have a Mac Mini, however I thought it was time to pickup a new MacBook since they did the whole switch to the Unibody. :)

14. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

15. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

Oh well in that case, i'm glad there's nothing wrong with it :D

16. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

Congrats Buddy,
    I recently switched from Windows to my Mac Alu and man.....I love this thing and so will you.
    MattyK,
    take your sorry comments elsewhere dude, we are celebrating that there still are amazingly great products being made in this age of the throw away mentality. :)

17. kugirl macrumors newbie

congrats! i got mine for christmas and i love it. switched from windows for the first time. i get mad at the trackpad still even after a few months, i find that click/drag is almost impossible without a mouse. highlighting stuff and then right clicking is nearly impossible unless i right-click in exactly the right spot! and sometimes i find myself side scrolling with two fingers. but i'm getting used to it. i'm tempted to get more RAM but i'm just holding out! congrats again, im sure you will love it

18. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

ouch.

Congrats on your AlumBook. I love the one I just bought. It makes me :)

Hey, me too. My 1.83 CD served me quite well and is now in the possession of my fiance- still an excellent machine.

19. aluminumapple macrumors regular

wait what?

these macbooks can handle 6gbs of ram?... thats blasphemy!
    joking but can they really?

20. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Thanks again everyone. I'm very happy with it, as I expected to be. I used Migration Assistant to transfer everything from my White MacBook to this one because I didn't have my Time Machine HD here with me. (I'm out of town) However, once I get back I will be doing a new Time Machine backup since I now have iLife '09 and a few other new things.

Also, a belated congrats to you guys who also bought Aluminum MacBooks like myself.

21. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I bought one back in November. My First Mac and I Love it. :apple:

22. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

23. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

4GB should be plenty. If your needs require 6GB, it might be time to upgrade to the MBP. To the OP, congrats!

24. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Congrats on your purchase.I just purchased a refurb aluminum macbook to replace my mini.I was gonna make a thread on it but i didn't want some knuckle head telling me it wasn't proper to post a new thread about purchasing a new mac. :D Any hoo enjoy you're machine :)

25. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

I aint no knuckle head, I was just cranky because I woke up early :D