Got a new MBP retina but having so many problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vmflapem, Jan 19, 2014.

1. vmflapem macrumors 6502

Dec 27, 2013
    I got my macbook pro retina 2 days ago from an Apple Store, but I'm already having some problems with it.

Here are some problems:

1. The fan makes weird consistent 'trrrrr' sound non-stop - this can only be heard when I move my ear close to where the power button is, but it is very annoying.

2. Like I said, I bought this macbook 2 days ago, but it shuts down completely RANDOMLY once a while - it's happened twice now already.. and I've attached a photo showing the message I get:,38rqkCc#0

Are these somewhat acceptably normal? Or do I really have to go for an exchange again..?
  2. Altemose macrumors G3

Mar 26, 2013
    Elkton, Maryland
    I would bring it right back to the store in original packaging for a return and not a repair. There is no reason that a expensive machine should be shutting down randomly. The fan noise may be the sound made by the fan when spinning. I would not worry about that, however the shutting down issue is critical to get replaced.
  3. softwind macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2013
    Shutting down randomly: unacceptable. U should return your mac to apple store, change new one.
  4. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Oct 12, 2011
    I remember having a Dell that shut down randomly. I took it back and got another and it was much better. Take it back and make sure you get an extended warranty!
  5. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 27, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the reply. I didn't know shutting down randomly was a critical problem. I guess I definitely need to get a replacement for this.
  6. softwind macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2013
    Another way, you re-install new completely mac os and use it about 1 day, to exclude OS error...If it still shutting down auto, there are hardware problems & you must take it back to store as soon as possible.
  7. vmflapem thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 27, 2013
    Hmm should I give that a try?
    But I'm kinda worried that the same problem might pop up in future after the 14-day return date is over :(
  8. softwind macrumors newbie

Oct 1, 2013
    14 days to return. You just got it 2 days ago!!! :)
  9. teleromeo macrumors 65816

Dec 2, 2006
    kidnapped by aliens
    Just bring it back, that's the only way to be out of trouble. All other solutions won't ease your worries.
  10. priitv8 macrumors 68030

Jan 13, 2011
    This message is called a Kernel Panic and it should not happen on a new MacBook with stock OS X (assuming you haven't installed any 3rd party drivers yet).
  11. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    New computer having these issues - I'd bring it back and get a replacement.