Got a new PC and want to sync iPhone but keep contacts, sms, etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NoHo, Apr 24, 2012.

1. NoHo macrumors 6502

I don't care about music and stuff I can easily get back, but I have a lot of contacts and SMS messages and would like to keep those.

Is there a way to do this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, plug it to your new itunes library and do a backup of your iphone.
    Then you can restore to that backup at any time on that computer.

3. NoHo thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that and my phone is exactly the same but it doesn't sync the music I have put on the new PC. It just took off the music that I already had on there. It asks me if I want to transfer purchases and I click yes and it freezes for about 10 minutes then says it's finished and nothing is changed. My apps aren't listed in iTunes on my new PC. Nothing but stuff I manually added is in this iTunes, and none of of it is on the iPhone.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might have to restore and intially sync it with the new computers itunes library.
    I tried that too with a friends iphone and since it was synced with his computer nothing from my library would sync over to his iphone.

5. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

6. NoHo thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a way I can create more than one backup? It only gives me one backup and I'd like to manually save the right one in case I mess up and it makes a backup of the new one that I didn't want and overrides the old one that I did want.