Got a pair of Mee M6s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SurferMan, May 22, 2012.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Dog got a hold of my Klipsch S4i and SC Ink'd buds and turned them into chew toys. I've always heard good stuff on the M6 and MEE in general, so grabbed a pair for like $20 bucks. Even without burn-in yet I'm surprised at how good these sound, highs/mids/lows are all clean and strong. Their design is nice to as the memory wire bends to your liking easily and holds for gym, running etc, but the shape of the earpiece just molds right into your ear. I sometimes like to sleep listening to music and these you have no trouble laying on your side vs other buds that stick out.

These honestly sound pretty close to my S4i for much cheaper, and will only get better once broken in. If your looking for a new set, the M6 is a bargain for the money, easily sounds as good if not better then others costing more than double.

2. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

LOL @ people who actually believe in "burn-in."

And how the hell do know your new phones sound better without A/Bing?

This is why the "audiophile community" is such a joke. 99% of audiophile discussion are debates over whose placebo effect is better.

3. SurferMan, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012

SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Huh? No idea where that came from. I only had the S4i for a long time, think I know their sound by now :rolleyes: . Even the cheap Ink'd buds for yard work and gym sounded better after awhile, where as the beginning they were very bassy. Don't necessarily need to A/Bing to tell a difference there between those sets before and after.

So your saying speakers don't need break in, you gotta be kidding lol. Guess my high end home theater sounds the same now as it did originally :rolleyes: . Or my computer setup.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm a bit hungry and need a Placebo snack, going to hook the headphones up to my tripath amp in the office and leave them to break in :D

4. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Yes, you do need to A/B. You naively and grossly underestimate the placebo effect.

Come on! Speakers don't need to break in!

There are many legitimate tests that disprove burn-in and zero legitimate tests that prove it. Now before you bring up a test, did it involve A/Bing?

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/downloads/article_1.pdf