Got a Perfect 6/6+?

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Seeing how a lot of people got defects on theirs, is yours perfect?

Mine is. My 5s is now too small when I hold it. I got a 6+.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I was terrified of this. I did in-store pick up and I picked up my phone, looked over every inch, and used every button. Mine seems perfect.

Comment

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
My 6 Plus is perfect. No scratches, no rattle, activated on AT&T immediately, data/voice/sms all good to go, even used the mic to ask Siri "What song is this" on the way home as well.

No bad pixels, no light leak, no yellow screen. YAY! :)

Comment

infoe

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.

I am picky about my phone as well, I have gotten used to the rattling of the camera. Remember there are 2 MILLION more day 1 purchases than there were last year. A lot of these customers don't know that previous iphone models the camera rattled ever so slightly and it was normal.

That being said thankfully my iphone 6+ is perfect so far

Comment

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Wut? Where is this "lot" of people you speak of? A couple of MacRumors posters?
A couple of MR posters could mean more devices came with defects as well of people that don't belong here. MR is a tiny % of the whole iPhone comminity.

Comment

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Typical iPhone defects:

Loose buttons
Rattling camera
Screen issues
Scuffs/scratches
Major operational error/DOA
The rattling camera is the autofocus component making the noise? I'm pretty sure every iPhone makes that noise to some degree.

Comment

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
With the exception of my first iPhone, the iPhone 3G, this is the first iPhone I've had that has been perfect out of the box. The iPhone 4 had a yellow screen, the 4s was rattling loads, the 5 had scuffs out of the box, and the 5s was rattling a lot too. I had replacements for all of these, but it seems no need in the case of the 6.

Comment

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
All good with my iPhone 6 so far.
Good thread idea really. The ones with issues are usually the most vocal, so that's why it seems like lots of people have problems with their phones - it's just that the many many more without issues, haven't said so.

Comment

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
I still on a mission to get the perfect phone. lol
My iphone5s last year was perfect couldn't ask for more.

Comment

Taco1933

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2014
So far so good, though I don't scrutinize it like some on here. No major problems.

It wouldn't make calls for a while which would have been a major issue, but that was a problem on Verizon's end that has been resolved.

Comment

eattherich

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Berlin
Yeah, my 6 Plus looks perfect. I deserve it after what I went through with the 5 a couple of years ago! :p

Comment

drewfus

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2006
Evanston, IL
As far as I can tell, my 6 Plus is perfect, both cosmetically and operationally. I'm amazed at the battery life of this phone so far (yes, i know it's only after a day...but still). I've been a little compulsive about checking it for scratches every time I put it down, and so far so good!

I am going to an Apple Store today since I'm actually within driving distance of one while I'm visiting friends, so I'm definitely going to be checking out cases.

Comment

butterfly92

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Mine is perfect! I was very worried because with my luck I usually get phones with defects...but thank god!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.