Got a phone call from iLuv about my i730

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Aug 18, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

So i dont know if any of you have noticed, but i have been having a BOAT load of issues with my iLuv (jWin corp.) i730. basically, it works great as a charger, great as an fm transmitter, and great as a bluetooth. it just cant do all those things as once.

Basically, i was pairing the iphone with the bluetooth dock and it would successfully pair. Then I would put the iphone in the dock to charge it. Then i would try to make a call. NO GOOD. The rep told me that you CAN NOT have the iphone docked and use the bluetooth at the same time!

Now WHY would you even HAVE a bluetooth setting if you have to take you iphone out of the dock to make or answer a call.

On the other hand, it works great as a bluetooth speaker/microphone if you have your iphone somewhere other than the dock.. but really, WHEN do you not want to charge your iphone??

So if you are listening to music, and you get a call, it doesnt just fade away and you call comes through nicely like it SHOULD.. nope, it freaks out and you have to actually almost drive off the road to get the thing out of the dock or switch OUT of bluetooth mode and attempt to use the speakerphone mode (which is IMPOSSIBLE to hear because its docked and the speakers are muffled)

So anyways, for any of you who are interested in this product .. wait. The rep said he talked to the research and developement team and they are trying to make it work as an all in one, seamlessly. So DONT BUY IT!!!

So, does anyone know of a decent fm transmitter/charger that i could buy that will just put my calls through the car's speakers and use the iphone's microphone? that would be a good temporary fix. It CAN NOT, however, have a goosneck that comes right out of the outlet.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Oh man, tough break!!! Sorry to hear it was basically a waste of time, but thanks for the heads up!!

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

yea. it REALLY sucks because there is, so far, NO solution to my issue.. and i keep trying to get an answer, maybe you can help me.. can a NORMAL fm transmitter put your calls through your speakers in your car?