Got a repiared MBP back today, new dents on the case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peppermints, Jun 23, 2009.

1. peppermints macrumors newbie

I recently had my Santa Rosa MBP sent off to Apple for the failed GPU. It was fixed and sent back to me in a very speedy timeframe (taken in at the Apple store on Thursday evening, got here around 9:30 this morning).

I couldn't be happier with the service. However, there are now two dents on the aluminum that weren't there before. One on the front left corner and one on the front right corner, right by the disc slot.

Is there anything I can/should do about this? I'm afraid that they might tell me they were already there, which I am 100% sure that they weren't. I understand that it was most likely an accident and occurred in the shipping process and not while it was in Apple's hands, but I feel like something can be done about this.

Anyone with a similar story care to share their thoughts?

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Thanks for bring it to our attention, unfortunately there's nothing we can do to solve your problems. I would suggest your first cause of action should be to notify the company who'd repair your system, if this is Apple, they would start an enquiry.

If you complain soon enough and the damage is bad enough they might replace the entire unit for you; at minimum they'll replace the part that's been damaged. What ever you do, be polite and keep your cool!!

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Take it back immediately and let them know. If you wait too long they will blame you. One word of advice, anytime you have something fixed at Apple make sure they note the condition of your machine before sending it in so in case something happens they will be liable. Also you should always check your machine before leaving the store. Good luck.

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Did you take photographs of the MBP prior to sending it in for repair.

This would be so that you can show Apple that it was not damaged when it left your possession.

If there are no pics, that it becomes " you said - apple said " contest.

If you have pics, unedited and dated, Apple may entertain your claim.

5. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

You should check it first before u bring home
    BTW... What means faided GPU??? You mean Display Card ???

6. peppermints thread starter macrumors newbie

See, the thing is, I didn't pick it up from the Apple store. I had it shipped to my house for two reasons- the nearest Apple store is two hours away and the Genius said that shipping it back to me would be the best option because they didn't have the part in stock at the store. So it's not as simple as taking it back to the store. Looks like I'll be calling them sometime tomorrow.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures (that I can remember) to use as 'proof'. I wouldn't be too concerned about it had it not been so close to the disc drive. Ive already had enough problems with that not being able to read media as it is.

7. bobsaget611 macrumors member

yeah i got my machine back last week. not only did the problem not get fixed (they replaced the logic board, which did nothing to address my problem) i now have scratches on the lid i didn't have before. i let them know asap and i sent it back and my rep said they would replace the part that is scratched... so we'll see if they actually fix it.

but either way call them asap that is unacceptable