Got a replacement phone. If I kept the lightning cable, would I just get charged $20?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Brettka7, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Brettka7 macrumors regular

I need a spare cable. I assume they just recycle these cables when we send the phones back (got my brand new 5 replaced with a brand new(er) 5.), so if I kept the cable could I just ask them to charge me for it? Or do I have to send the entire contents back and then buy the cable, shipping, etc.?

2. Erock2 macrumors member

Personally I would just ship it back and head to the nearest Verizon store, they have them there.

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

You could just pick one up at the Apple Store if you have one nearby. They're stock full of them, at least the one where I live.

4. timychann macrumors newbie

See what needs to be sent back. Sometimes they ask for the cable, sometimes not (Happened with my iPad2).

5. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

I am actually wondering this too. Would like another cable and wouldn't mind paying 19 for the one I got sent in my replacements box.

6. Brettka7 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll call them tomorrow (Monday?) and update this thread with what they tell me.

7. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

Please do! :)

8. mytran80 macrumors regular

If you mention the cable to apple then of course they will tell you to send it back with the phone . if you send the phone back with out the cable then apple will assume you are one of those customers who just forgot/left the cable behind when returning a phone ,since it's just a cable they won't charge you for it ,besides they wouldn't want to upset many customers by charging customers without notice or authorization consistently like that ....Not good for business.

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I second that.

10. mytran80 macrumors regular

but then again i could be wrong :p

11. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

Too late for second thoughts! Sent my original 5 back sans cable.

12. mytran80 macrumors regular

second thoughts are good for life :D what i mention earlier is not a sure thing but a good assumption of what apple would do from my experience assuming they know what's good for them , just spreading rumors :D

13. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

14. mytran80 macrumors regular

you see ! what did i tell ya guys , it's just a cable :D:D