Got a shipping notification iPhone 7 Shipped today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheAppleFairy, Sep 18, 2016.

1. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Unfortunately I didn't order one so whoever ordered against my account hopefully AT&T fixes it in time.

I changed my AT&T password and Customer service says It will be taken care of.

I doubt they logged into my account but I was overdue for a password change anyway.

Anyway, just came to vent and hopefully whoever is in South Carolina who fraudulently placed an order against my number doesn't receive this Tuesday. I am surprised that AT&T didn't catch this since they are shipping it a thousand miles away from my billing address in New York. I would think they should have to call my number to verify I placed the order before shipping.

Attached Files:

2. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502

Aibocyrus

Make sure you place a passcode on your account. That adds another level of security!! Do that immediately! You should be able to create one through the MyAT&T app or online.
    Last year when I was working in a corporate store they did have a security issue when the iPhone came out and people would come in and we would set up their passcodes. Now that your account also is notated with fraud, plus adding a passcode, you should be in good shape. I would also have the account notated in a store. This is something I did when my ex and I broke up.
    He refused to pay for his phone he bought on an installment plan, so I cancelled his line, took his name off of the account, added a passcode, then had them create what's called a 'priority note' on the account stating, " Only (insert name here) is allowed to access this account. Verify all information before proceeding or allowing any changes."
    You only should do that if you just want the added security to the account.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Lol. You should write a letter to the address it's being shipped to and give them a piece of your mind lol. I totally would send them like... sh** in the mail or something lol.
    You technically could show this to the police and call their local police station. That is technically considered identity theft. ATT takes it really seriously.
    We had people arrested in our store one day because they had gone to multiple stores trying to use someone else's identity to access the accounts.
    Stores talk. Believe it or not. And police don't tolerate it.
    I'd go further if I were you. Show them they made a big mistake.

3. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Thanks I added a passcode, they always ask me the passcode when I call them, I didn't realize I could set it up online so that it ask me everytime I log in.

I will be talking to their fraud department tomorrow morning.

I appreciate the information.

4. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502

Aibocyrus

I am glad that you found it useful. you are most welcome.

5. Chele macrumors member

Chele

Oh no! I'm glad that it sounds like ATT is taking care of it. I have a passcode on my account and I use it when I call in but didn't realize that it didn't use it online, thanks to this thread, I fixed it.

A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Someone logged in to my department store login and ordered a high dollar watch to go to a different shipping address. Thankfully, the store credit card, which was saved in the account, was on top on things and called me within minutes of the order being placed. I was able to cancel it and get a new card. Someone is always looking for ways to screw you over, that's for sure.

6. TheAppleFairy thread starter macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Was looking through my account and see that AT&T did cancel the NEXT plan, and I am eligible for an upgrade again.

I see the scammer went all out and order the 256GB phone.

Attached Files: