Got a speeding ticket!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aaronchow, Sep 5, 2010.

1. aaronchow macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

What's up with the police these days. There are thieves and gangsters on the streets, but they decided to pull me over for speeding 10 miles per hour over the limit. Geez, I guess they have nothing better to do. I should start calling them whenever I hear homeless people screaming and yelling every single night!!!

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I know what you mean. Man, obeying the law just sucks.

-.-'

3. 184550 Guest

Given the thread title, this is exactly what I expected.

4. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Just because there are bigger crimes being committed does not mean smaller offenses should go unnoticed. Besides speeding can kill someone. Take your ticket in stride, you earned it.

5. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

well it is due to no matter how hard you work you get paid the same. At that station the policy was probably cite 3 cases a day so they find the easiest three citations they can give. My dad always tells me about that, how they go behind churches and play poke, solitar, and talk about their guns. I am by no means saying this is how all of the are but there are many cops like this

6. todd2000 macrumors 68000

You were speeding, and you got caught, pay the ticket and get over it! I'll admit I speed, but I try to keep it about 7-8MPH over the limit. I have yet to get pulled over for that range, and I have driven by cops. I have have a few speeding tickets for 12 or more MPH over, but I don't whine about them. I'll admit I was breaking the law, and I'll pay the fine.

7. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

btw the cops shouldnt pull u over if you go 15mph over the limit unless in a school zone or there are a lot of pedestrians

8. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Fight it, drag it out, request a hearing date, then request a different date, ect..

Drag it out, and you up your chances of getting out of it. I've had that work for me several times.

9. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

My life is so easy. I literally follow every traffic law so i can never get pulled over. I'll go 5 over and 7 over o the highway, but that's it.

Not speeding that extra mph or two is worth it

10. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

^Same here. Being a loner, never drinking, never smoking and following the law (at least the laws that most officers would know anything about ;) ) makes life oh so simple.

Why even go 5mph over the limit? Does it really affect your driving time that much? Sure I hit 5mph over the limit at times, a giant SUV can get away from you like that, but when I can, I keep the needle on the limit.

11. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

what are you talking about it is the llittle things in life like the extra 30s you save driving over the speed limit

12. aaronchow thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I admit I am wrong. But when you think about the neighborhood that I live in. People drag racing on the streets every night. There are homelessness every corner yelling and ******** in front of people's house. And whenever I called them because some homeless people were sleeping in front of my house, they just either show up very late or just don't show up at all. I just don't really trust them anymore.

Like racer1441 said, I will just protest. I believe they pull me over because I am an easy target for their daily quota. This is just stupid.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Same here.

The shocking part, I'm 19 and drive a very large vehicle! (94 suburban) :eek:

14. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Or because you were going 10 mph over the posted limit...but hey, everyone interprets things differently

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah those ****ing cops ... targeting speeders! You'd think they'd have something better to do.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The nerve of those cops! The OP should have told them a thing or two. What’s next, ticketing for speeding in a school zone??? Everyone knows kids bones bend easier and they have better reflexes.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Think of it this way... the more speeding tickets they give out..... the more money they make...... the more money they'll be able to spend....... the more cops they'll be able to hire and have available to remove those trespassers.:D

10 over is 10 over. Why are you an easy target for their daily quota? You were speeding and they can pull you over and ticket you. Stay at or below the limit and you won't get a ticket.

18. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Live on the edge: tear the ticket up and pretend it never happened.

19. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

I have no sympathy for you. They caught you speeding, which is illegal. It is their job to stop people breaking the law. Maybe you will think twice next time. 10mph over the limit? The limit is set at what it is by people who know a lot more about road safety than you. "Daily quota"? If you weren't breaking the law you wouldn't be part of that quota, so stop complaining. /rant

20. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Last time I checked being homeless was not illegal.

21. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

LUL

I remember in high school, we were chunking rocks out by the shop class. Somebody got the wise idea to chunk a large part of the sidewalk (three pounds or so) and it hit the ground, bounced off and started spinning. We saw it heading right for this one really geeky kid and I nearly ****. But right as it came upon him, he looked up, ducked and from then on we called him Spidey (sense).

Carry on.

22. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

You sure about that? Are you really really sure about that?

23. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

24. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Clearly you don't understand prima facie. When you see 'Speed Limit 65' it is a guideline where in heavy traffic we go below and in light traffic, we may exceed slightly. Engineering reports are done for every stretch of road to determine actual average safe speed. This number that state engineers determine is what the court upholds.

You're not safe. You're in my way.

25. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Prima facie is not the law in every state last time I checked.