Got a Spot?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 4DThinker, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Cleared a spot on your coffee table for your iPad yet? Anyone gone so far as installing a powered USB jack on their coffee table?

ON a serious note, I have a shelf under my DirectTV receiver where we park our various iPods as they charge from the receiver's front USB port. It'll be a perfect place to park the iPad, assuming it can charge from a USB port. Our Kindles enjoy the fact that many consumer electronic devices now come with USB ports. I've got a TV in one room with three.

2. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

I clear a spot on my

Credit Card
    Heart
    My wife's mind where I convinced her I need an iPad.

Well.. convinced and need are to be used lightley.

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

4. LaNex macrumors 6502

Yes indeed.

On my lap (where my macbook pro is right now, cooking my legs) or on the arm of my sofa (where the mbp sits sometimes, cooking the sofa).
    I have a spot picked out for a charging dock on the side table next to the sofa.
    And I got several cross body handbags (purses to non UK folks) for Valentine's Day with the dimensions that were perfect for carrying the iPad but don't look like they're laptops / netbook bags.

Shipping time cannot come too soon for me.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I don't even OWN a coffee table.

Don't tell me i have to buy one! :eek:

I own nothing with an USB port on it but my computer....

Gee, maybe i'm not iPad worthy??? LOL!!

[Note to self, clean off desk]

6. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

So you pouted and told her you wanted one... She then reluctantly agreed as long as you give her foot rubs nightly and take out the garbage for a month?

7. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Cleared a spot on my bedside table for the dock which the ipad will go into at night.

8. 4DThinker thread starter macrumors 68020

So we have living room iPads, bedroom iPads, car iPads, and so on. Some cars even have iPod docks in them. How long does anyone think it will take auto manufacturers to install an iPad dock?