Got a trial then bought the app but didn't get it so can't get it...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by duncyboy, Jul 13, 2012.

1. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

OK- here's what I did:

1) Downloaded the free trial of Sparrow
    2) Liked the free trial of Sparrow
    3) Took advantage of the half-price offer: http://www.tuaw.com/2012/07/13/mac-versions-of-sparrow-and-fx-studio-pro-discounted-today-to-4/
    4) Downloaded from the App Store
    5) Opened Sparrow- still got ads?
    6) Figured I needed to uninstall and reinstall to get the paid version:

Now it says "Installed" on the App Store. I've tried AppCleaner and ejected my Time Machine drive (this can be a problem, apparently)

But the App Store just says "Installed". If I try to get it direct from the Sparrow website it asks for the full price. What can one do?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

Try removing the app again, using these instructions:

3. mike5411 macrumors regular

4. duncyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply, both.

For some reason I can't connect to the App Store at the moment BUT I have rebooted, no change AND GGJ's suggestions and had a little joy in removing remnants from my system- thank you very much for you help.

I'll give it a whirl in the morn' and perhaps be rid of this nigglesome twitch.

Bless you both for your assistance. If you're ever on the Fylde Coast and fancy a bag of Seabrooks, give me a call.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Complete steps 1-7 of those instructions, then take a screen shot of your Finder window and post it.

6. duncyboy thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's fixed and working a treat now- thanks very much for your help :)